25 July 2012

"That's what the hell I am."

ROBERT BLAKE.

Look him up, you'll remember the guy.

As I try to sort myself out and look around at the solid friends I have and who've taken some real whacks and come up standing, I think of what Blake once said:

"I am what I am. I'm crazy, I'm hostile, I got a lot of drive, I got a lot of hate, a lot of fear.

For most of my life, I tried to put that away and be like other people, and therapy didn't change me.

But what I learned - and what I want to tell you is:

If you can get to that place where you can take whatever you are and use it out there in the world, not try to put it away and say I'm not angry, I'm a good boy, I'm not scared of the dark anymore ... whatever your problem is ... instead of going into the corner like a dog and chew on your own feet.

If you can take that ... that whatever is in you, and turn it up and say that's what the hell I am and I gotta find a way to make that work.

Then you'll be OK."

COMMENTS LINK - Clever Sinbad sending us to a Grik sign lingo rendering of 'Always look on the bright side of life'.

A charming clip of Eric Idle and an auditorium of whistling knowledgeables.

The Real Thing - OK, it isn't the same without that shocking view of the lads oop t'cross, is it?

I remember being shocked - shocked - when I first saw it and several patrons rose from their seats and left.

Ξημέρωσε ξανά κι η μέρα που περνά

ανάποδη σου βγαίνει και πονά

πάντα χαμογέλαγες και τώρα καταριέσαι

σμίξε τα χειλάκια μη βαριέσαι

Σφύριξε χαρούμενα μπορείς

δες τη φωτεινή πλευρά της ζωής

3 comments :

sibadd said...

http://youtu.be/w7xEcv9cw2c

Ξημέρωσε ξανά κι η μέρα που περνά

ανάποδη σου βγαίνει και πονά

πάντα χαμογέλαγες και τώρα καταριέσαι

σμίξε τα χειλάκια μη βαριέσαι

Σφύριξε χαρούμενα μπορείς

δες τη φωτεινή πλευρά της ζωής

Corfucius said...

Very good. thanks. do you know Anna Lou la Archontidou? Because she posted that video a week or so back on her Facebook page and we all pounced on it and I added it to mine and sent it to all pals in Blighty and Seattle more far.

Like minds.

sibadd said...

It looks like it's dawn at the start but there's the sun dropping down behind Trompetta - as any fule kno - the first of many doleful clues, like having Lazareto Island in the middle ground behind their heads..