19 January 2010

Ricky Gervais / Golden Globes

I was so pleased to see Gervais kick off with a boot into that idiot wanker Steve Carell who delivered such piss-poor performance as the office manager in the doomed American version of The Office.

If ever there was a doomer that wouldn't make the journey over the Atlantic, this was it.

  • Think Goon Show being picked up by the Yanks.
  • Think Python or Alan Bennett
  • Alf Garnett - oh yeh, they did manage to fuck that one up.
  • Steptoe? Avengers?

    You get my drift

    I was in the States when the Merkan version came out and it was grim.

    I would cook myself a really good Japanese dish:

  • Sushi
  • Onigiri
  • Kare Raisu
  • Chazuke
  • Kayu
  • One of the standards, and uncork a respectable sake:
  • Kubota Junmai
  • Hakkaisan Junmai Ginjo
  • Pride of Miyagi, a flagon of Uragasumi Junmai
  • Masumi Junmai Okudenkanzukuri
  • You get my drift, the Nihonshu champs

    Then I'd get to drunken work putting the bovver boot in:

  • Take that!
  • Wet
  • Feeble
  • American roobish
  • Surpassing badness

    I can't even remember which post it was in which I mentioned the lucrative invite to slam the prog for a wider public. As i recall, I got paid but the review never actually appeared.

    I think I was too accurate in my barbs about that Carell creature and the mag had pulled some advertising. Whatever.

    The only bit I remember is mentioning that Jenna Fischer who played the American Dawn was a bit of all right.

    Oh, and wasn't the theme tune of the Brit version wonderful? I mean, talk about humiliation - the idiot American travesty couldn't even get itself a decent ditty?














  • No comments :