11 December 2009

LOADSA BUD

~ Not asking where to go ~

Get this ~ on the very public Google Alert, read by gentry and gaolers throughout Corfu, new member 'cec200' of Marijuana.com is quoted bang to rights as being:

"Not sure if this is the right place to post this or how helpful people are going to be but can anyone from personal experience tell me how easy it is to get weed in this area?

Going to be working on a nearby island for a few weeks next year and will definetly [sic] be needing a lot of bud."

Helpful: My friend, this is definitely the right place to post.

Over coffee at the Kafeneion by the barracks, I showed it to my Border Police 'bud', Dimitris Vlachos, who in turn showed it to his assembled narcs toughies who expressed professional interest and 'personal experience' vis-à-vis local ease of weed access.

We took bets on which was the 'nearby island' and I offered to be stoolpigeon monitor of the site.

Αν ήξερα ότι ήταν εύκολο αυτό, εγώ δεν θα περνούν το χρόνο μου κρύβονται κάτω σκοτεινά σοκάκια λήψης κωδικοποιημένων πινακίδες για ρυμουλκά μου!

Pot Pourri Update, poh poh: My fuzz pal is so impressed by my sherlock bloodhound zeal to aid the local narcotics lads that he texted me to 'pls advnce w/yr invstgtn. thnx!', so I set about informing myself by googling 'marijuana in corfu'.

Damn'd good, these searcheroos: look at this bullseye bust. Yessir, that is what I'd call (in my new foxy vocab) a 'slew' of stoners.

FEEDBACK

Alertly sensitive ce200 hits back:

"What was the point in posting this here?

I was just trying to find out the availabity [sic] of weed on the island, don't really know why you personally would have a problem with that, or feel the need, if you really have done, to inform local police.

Which wouldnt really achieve anything as im not asking where to go to find the stuff."

My feeble reply:

What was the point? Your prompt response and very phrasing makes the point.

You were 'just trying to find out the availability of weed on the island'.

That is of some interest to me.

You don't really know why I personally would have a problem with that.

Well, I do have a petite problème, for a variety of reasons that needn't clog the blog here.

Why I 'feel the need'? I felt nothing, it was routine knee-jerk.

If I really have  informed the local gendarmerie: Now there  you have a good point and I can see that you know our methods.

Unless one actually has buds among the Fuzz ~ coffee, dinner, clubbing, evenings on the patio sharing 'n' solving the probs of the world ~ oi polloi don't actually get to 'inform' them of anything because they're too busy filtering ill-informed heads-ups from the likes of me.

"Wouldn't really achieve anything as im not asking where to go to find the stuff."

Of course you're not. The boys can relax.

ΔΙΕΥΚΡΙΝΙΣΗ

Το μήνυμα έχει περάσει Officer Βλάχος.

Δεν είναι κατάλληλο για να επικοινωνούν αστυνομικά θέματα, μέσω δημόσιων καναλιών.

Το αρχικό μήνυμα έχει αφαιρεθεί και ο συγγραφέας αναλαμβάνει πλήρως την ευθύνη για την απόσπαση αυτή στην πρώτη θέση.

Comment Alert: It's been 'suggested' I lift Sinber's comment out of the vault and vaunt it here:

"Feel the need" "feel the need".

Is this one called Neil by any chance?

"What? You set fire to Rick's bedroom? I think that's a really selfish thing to do, Vyvyan.

I was hiding in there - you could have given me away!"

6 comments :

sibadd said...

I tried this stuff at a party in Notting Hill in the early 60s. It severely impaired my capacity to perceive people, including me, were talking rubbish and even worse I found myself liking people I knew I didn't. Since then I've been in lots of places where the silly stuff in all its forms is legal and not even been tempted. I loathe its whiff in the street or on a bus. My preferred drugs are alcohol, though I detest people who can't take their drink (or worse - think it's smart to fall over. I don't mean Dylan T and other talents- known and unknown - who need to keep the 'horror' at bay). Live and let live etc but good on you sneaking on this tosser - even to the rather unpredictable local cops.

Corfucius said...

V good comment. I've always thought myself under the protection of a guardian angel where drugs are concerned: Hong Kong 1964, spoiled son of senior govt official cruising the hotpots with fat wallet and guitar, offered exotic cheroots (and harder) at every turn, but good ol' booze hit the spot just as well and I never trusted the folks who were pushing it. London late 60s/70s, busking and mixing with meedja types, just couldnt be bothered to trade in the hooch and the Gauloises. And, my dear, the hot spots I just happened to walk out of minutes before PC Plod arrived. Once I was walking downstairs as the fuzz were coming up but I'd stopped to talk to a cosy granny-style neighbour so I looked innocent.
And they would *bogart* those joints and I'm a hogger. Wheres the fun taking a weedy whiff and then passing it on? Finally, like you, I didnt really like the effect at the end of the day.
The local cops wont do anything but my pal will ask to be kept in touch. I was just offended at the gall of the creep to ask so publicly - serve them right if I've so publicised it that it scares the pushers off. Lightbulb bubble idea: I should answer with my link. Heh heh.

sibadd said...

My fantasy is that old Adolf while forbidding alcohol and nicotine was partial to a toke after one of his veggie meals. I'm sure I read in the memoirs of Gertraud "Traudl" Humps that the Führerbunker reeked of the stuff right up until he topped himself.

Anonymous said...

What was the point in posting this here? I was just trying to find out the availabity of weed on the island, don't really know why you personally would have a problem with that, or feel the need, if you really have done, to inform local police. Which wouldnt really achieve anything as im not asking where to go to find the stuff.

Corfucius said...

What was my point? Your prompt response and very phrasing makes the point.

You were 'just trying to find out the availabity of weed on the island'. That is of some interest to me.
You don't really know why I personally would have a problem with that; I do, for reasons that needn't clog my blog.
Why I 'feel the need'? I felt nothing, it was routine knee-jerk.
If I really have done, to inform the local police: there you have a point. Unless one actually has buds among the Fuzz, coffee, dinner, clubbing, evenings on the patio sharing n solving the probs of the world, you don't actually 'inform' them of anything. Too busy filtering thru the ill-informed heads-ups from the likes of me.

Of course it won't "really achieve anything as im not asking where to go to find the stuff." Of course you're not. So the boys can relax. I'm wasting their time.

sibadd said...

"Feel the need" "feel the need". Is this one called Neil by any chance? "What? You set fire to Rick's bedroom? I think that's a really selfish thing to do Vyvyan. I was hiding in there - you could have given me away!"