24 April 2007

CYMBALISM

The padre catches me smirking in prayers and asks me with his thin-lipped smile what I found "so amusing."

I point him back to the 150th psalm and ask him if that isn't the darnedest slick product placement and - by St Patroclus' bones! - I sincerely hope the Zildjian rep got bonus shekels for such smart footwork.

Praise the Lord! Praise God in His sanctuary;
Praise Him in His mighty firmament!
Praise Him for His mighty acts;
Praise Him according to His excellent greatness!
Praise Him with the sound of the trumpet;
Praise Him with the lute and harp!
Praise Him with the timbrel and dance;
Praise Him with stringed instruments and flutes!
Praise Him with loud cymbals;
Praise Him with crashing cymbals!
Let everything that has breath praise the Lord.
Praise the Lord!

I mean, loud and clashing cymbals? TWO mentions when the lutes, flutes, harps and timbrels only get one?

No comments :