16 October 2006

Bingette Drinking

As a dad of daughters and one who himself gazes too oft at wine when it is red, I worry about the trend of young ladies indulging in binge drinking that makes my salad day excesses look like a model of temperance.

Disturbing, therefore, to read the Torygraph article that,

"Instead of being told that they must accept responsibility for putting themselves at risk by getting insensibly inebriated, young women are to be shielded from the consequences of their own recklessness.

This is what counts as a solution to the problem of female "binge drinking".

Drunkenness of a degree and a regularity that would have had you classed as having a psychiatric problem in the United States [was] considered to be a sign of clubbable acceptability."

Clearly a topical topic, for see the excellent comment from Mr ZW.

3 comments :

Corfucius said...

"Sit down, Skippy." Heh heh. I wonder what that would be in Greek. As the tourist season coasts down, the regulars are returning to the bars along the port and a darkly scowling lot they are.

Anonymous said...

hey there and thank you for your information – I've definitely picked up something new from right here. I did however expertise several technical issues using this site, as I experienced to reload the web site many times previous to I could get it to load properly. I had been wondering if your web host is OK? Not that I'm complaining,
but sluggish loading instances times will often affect your placement
in google and could damage your high quality score if ads and marketing with Adwords.
Well I am adding this RSS to my email and could look out for a lot more of
your respective intriguing content. Make sure you update this again very soon.

treatment for toenail fungus toenail fungus treatment

Review my web page zetaclear side effects

Corfucius said...

ok, so i'm publishing the comment from Toenail Fungus the Bogey man but i think you're an advertising bot bore and your vocab would place you in a northern suburb of chennai. mhy web host is fine, thanks v much, and thanks for yr interest.